Fantastic opportunity for football coaches. Durham County Football Association are delivering a Coaching Disabled Footballers course.
The Coaching Disabled Footballers course is designed to give football coaches and teacher’s ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions within mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
The course is six hours and covers both theory and practical elements, by the end of the workshop each participant should be able to meet the following outcomes:
• Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience, meet the needs of players with a range of impairments.
• Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers.
• Use appropriate terminology
• Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations.
• Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers.
• Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan you’re coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities.
• Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
A six hour programme delivered either as two evening sessions or a full day session. Involving both practical and theory work. Course.
Pre-requisites: Candidates must hold a valid 1st4sport Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football.
Cost: £25 per student MUST BE SENT WITH APPLICATION FORM.
If you are interested in this course you can request an application form by contacting course leaders on
Tel: 0191 3872928
COURSE CODE: CDIS24